Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 3 August 2017

Robert and Michelle: A Poem


Robert and Michelle, they're so boring
That current storyline leaves me snoring

 Michelle with Steve was barely viable
Putting her with Robert is totally risible 

Please Kate Oates, make it stop
I can't decide which character I'd rather you drop

Arms folded; dead-eyed stares
All those impossibly black dyed hairs

Come on Corrie Street, bring it to an end
Before you send this viewer completely round the bend 

 

By Graeme Naylor (Channeling Pam Ayres).





Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

10 comments:

maggie muggins said...

Excellent Graeme! :-) Made my day. Will think of your ditty whenever they're on the screen.

Abercrombie said...

You are spot on, Graeme. I cannot think when I was last so bored - ah hang on, every other scene in the last years that has had Michelle in it. Who would live with her? I think I know who she is channelling! :)

Maricha said...

I'm with you Graeme except that I don't want it to stop unless it's to send the characters far, far away. If they split up they'd just go drag down two storylines and an untold number of actors instead of only one.

boris the spider said...

Here's another in agreement. Will Kate Oates take any notice though? Strikes me she has her favourites and to hell with the viewers!

Zagg said...

Hahaha...that was awesome. It seems like people are burnt out on the Michelle character. They need to focus on other characters for a while...a very long while.

Humpty Dumpty said...

You speak for us all, Graeme. Does anyone actually like Robert and Michelle? I think Corrie folk must live in a bubble and only read the nice Twitter comments. They won't get rid of Kym Marsh. She's too valuable with her league of followers but they could put her on the back burner for a year or two.

popcorn said...

Please send Michelle off to visit her actual living son. For a long time. And send Robert off to be - I don't know - a smithy, a longshoreman, a hairdresser. I don't know, but I am sure it is time for him to start a new career far away.

What is wrong with the powers that be? In the beginning, there actually was a real spark between Robert and Leanne. Why was that ignored? (Shakes head).

Rapunzel said...

Agreed!

Unknown said...

The poem is hilarious! I loved it!

Beth said...

Loved it thank you

The character seems to bring down every other character she's with. Time to let her go

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!