Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 14 August 2017

Coronation Street Fan of the Week - Rosalind in Canada

It's time to meet another Coronation Street fan of the week.
Would you like to be our Corrie fan of the week?
Find out more here! 



Who are you and where are you from?
My name is Rosalind and I live in Victoria, BC, Canada. Victoria, a place where residents were once called "more British than the British",  is on Vancouver Island, off the west coast.  My parents were born and raised in the north of England, and even though I was born in Canada, my family lived in there for several years when I was young.  It was easy to become a Corrie-watcher then, and luckily for me, I've been able to watch Corrie in Canada for over 40 years!

How long have you been watching Corrie?
I have been watching Corrie for close to 45 years.

Who are your favourite female and male characters- and the reasons why?
My favourite characters are Liz, with her "over-the-top" sense of style and no-nonsense attitude, and Sally.  Sally's snobbishness is a delight, especially when one considers the people in her inner circle! (I do love her Tim, though!)  Graham Proctor was always good for comic relief.  His facial expression upon waking next to Tina after they spent the night together was priceless.

What's been some of your favorite Corrie storylines over the years?
There were several storylines that I enjoyed over the years.  Who can forget the Curley, Raquel, Des drama, when Raquel married Curly on the rebound.  UGH!  Richard Hillman's reign of terror was deliciously strung out for months before he finally got his come-uppance,  and Tony Gordon's revenge plot was gripping as well.  Lastly, nasty Charlie Stubbs' treatment of both Shelly and Tracey and his demise had me glued to the TV!            

What would be your fantasy storyline be?
My fantasy storyline would involve Rob Donovan somehow being freed from prison and teaming up with Carla to initiate an Underworld takeover!

Any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast etc.
I have wonderful memories of a trip my sister and I took to Manchester in September 2015.   (Yes, it was a LONG way to travel!)   We spent a few years in both Bacup, Lancs and  Bramhall, Cheshire as children and wanted to see some places we remember from the '60's.   Of course I thought of including a visit to the Corrie set before it closed!   What a wonderful day that was.    I took so many photos it was hard to pick one to send to you, and it was a real treat to see the inside sets, pretend to "pull a pint" at the Rover's, look at some of the characters clothes and other "artifacts", and walk the cobbles.   In the gift shop, where I bought souvenirs for other Corrie- watchers I know on Vancouver Island, we even rested our weary legs on the "red lip" sofa, which was featured in a very funny storyline involving Sally.   What fun!!

Would you like to be our Corrie fan of the week?
Find out more here! 


Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 





Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lots of great memories through the years of Rovers Return! Wonderful photo in front of the "pub"!
Love the fantasy storyline! I think the writers should go for it!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!